Wednesday, February 9, 2011

26 Week Check-Up

Yesterday we went for our monthly visit to the doctor. We started with an ultrasound to check and see if the placenta had moved up. Luckily it had and the tech said everything looked great! We were so relieved. We should be able to have a natural delivery like we planned. We also got to get a good look at our sweet girl. The tech got some great shots of her "girl parts" to ensure that she was, in fact, a girl! Whew! We have a lot of little girl stuff already so we were glad to know they were right! We saw her little face and we could really tell that she has my nose...and her daddy's legs. I'm only 5'3 and he's 6'0....and she has long legs:) The ultrasound tech said she bets she looks like me. Who knows? I'm sure she will get a little of me and a little of Robert. We just can't wait to see her and have her here safe and sound. Here are a few pictures of the sweet pea.

The ultrasound was at 1 and our appointment with Dr. Mou wasn't until 2:45, so to kill some time Robert dropped me off at Michael's to get some bow making materials and he went to Lowe's. We got what we needed and then headed back to the doctor. We had to wait awhile because the doctor ended up having to do a quick procedure on another patient. While we waited...we were both messing on our phones...I was texting ultrasound pics and I'm sure he was either on Craigslist or checking work emails...
The check-up went great. Dr. said I had gained 10 pounds total but I know it's at least 12. She measured and said I was measuring big but that was good because it meant the baby was growing. :) I ended up having to do my gestational diabetes test which consisted of me chugging this nasty orange stuff that tasted like flat orange soda. It wasn't terrible, but the worst part was that you have to take it down in 3 minutes. I did it and waited for an hour so they could take my blood. I won't know the results until tomorrow but I'm REALLY hoping that I don't have to do the 3 hour test. Let's just hope I pass!

We ended the day with dinner with our friends Kenny & Becky. They were in KC with a family member in the hospital so we met up for dinner. On the way home it started snowing...and this morning we have 3-4 inches, and NO SCHOOL! Looks like I'll be making some bows and taking it easy :) I love being a teacher!


  1. Super cute profile shots! :) Enjoy your day off making Lexi Belle tons of cute stuff!

  2. No name yet. :( My husband and I have narrowed it down to our top 2, but now we are stuck! The funny thing is we both love both of them, it's just which one will we use? I like Maggie the best, he likes Natalie the best. Neither of us are willing to give in just yet. It's driving me crazy not being able to call her anything, but I'm hoping after our 3D ultrasound we will feel one way or the other, but it might not happen. I've been calling her Maggalie lately. Haha!

    Would totally be fun to meet up when the babies get here! :) If you ever want to e-mail me instead of communicating through blogs, my e-mail is :)