Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Randomness & Thoughts On Shopping

Just some mid-week randomness for ya today. 

My brain has been on overload lately because I'm starting to realize that in the next few months, my to-do list is going to be CRAZY. Let's see, here are just a few things I'm pondering on...

*Decorating Lexi's new room
* Decorating Harli's Nursery
*Decorating their bathroom they will share
*Preparing for Harli (washing clothes, buying bedding, carseat...the list goes on)
* Planning my sister-in-law's baby shower
*wondering how I'm going to clean all of this house
*having a baby

You know, stuff. 

I'm the type of person who wants to do it all NOW! I want to get everything that I need in one day. I want to DIY everything in ONE day. Yeah, not good. I need to slow down, break things out, and concentrate on ONE thing at a time. ADD, I swear. 

So yeah, all of that. 

Then on another note, shopping.

You know, when I was in high school, I liked to wear cute stuff (same in college) but then I seemed to start really being interested in clothes, shoes, bags, everything. I would like to blame that on 3 things: blogs, social media, and the ability to get online and shop my little heart all in the comfort of my own home. Needless to say, I order a lot of crap off of the internet. BAD. 

I have made myself a promise that I will only buy the necessities, and of course, make sure my girls have what they NEED. 

That means that if I see a cute little girl on IG and think, "I want that outfit for Lex/Harli!" I don't immediately search around and order the items. I go look in their closet and come up with something similar if I am THAT in love with it. Same thing goes for myself. I need absolutely nothing. SERIOUSLY. My hubs reminds me of this on the daily...my clothes/shoes/jewelry situation is kind of out of control and there is not one thing in this world I need.

SO-- I'm not shopping unless it's absolutely necessary. 

This is going to be rough. Really rough. But I know I can do it. 

Less is more, right? 

Right.

...and no post is fun without pics, so here are a few randoms. 

Happy Hump Day, lovelies!










post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment