Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Mix-Up: Green!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Today is our second round of Monday Mix-Up! I'm teaming up with Heather over at The Heathered Life for this fun link up! Today we are discussing GREEN, duh!



I wanted to make something fun for Lexi's friends in her Sunday School class, so I found this cute idea and made them! You could do these for school parties (if your school allows for homemade goodies) or anything! The best part--they are SUPER easy! 


First, you will need a box of Lucky Charms, a box of Toasted Rice Cereal (I used Great Value), 1 large bag of white chocolate chips or 2 small, sprinkles, and some treat bags!


The first thing you have to do is separate the marshmallows from the cereal. This took just a little bit, but not that bad!


After you have separated the cereal, you will need to add your rice chex to the lucky charm cereal. I only used about half of the Lucky Charm cereal pieces because I got the large box and I really didn't need that much!


After you have combined the two cereals, put your white chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish and melt away! You could use a double boiler, but who has time for that?!



Next, combine the white chocolate and the cereal mixture. Be careful to stir gently because the cereal will easily crumble.


It's starting to look yummy!!!

Dump in your favorite sprinkles! I only used about 1/3 of this bottle. The fun part is that you can use whatever or however much you would like!


Fold the sprinkles into the mixture then spread it out on a lined cookie sheet.


Once it's all spread out on your cookie sheet, add the marshmallows back on the top!

I let it set about 20 minutes, just until the chocolate slightly hardened.

I then bagged them up in little treat bags that I picked up at Walmart. Nothing fancy.


I printed these little tags here and attached them to the bags!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!


And there you have it!  A fun treat for your littles to share with their friends!

..and just a pic of my sweet girl in her GREEN yesterday for church...


Don't forget to link up today and show us your take on GREEN!




No comments:

Post a Comment