Friday, January 3, 2014

Five on Friday!

I am linking up with Christina over at Carolina Charm for Five on Friday!

I have wanted to do this for awhile now, but never took the time to do it. As one of my New Year's Resolutions, blogging more is something I'm going to try really hard to do! Link ups are a great way for me to force myself to do this!

As for New Year's Resolutions; let's talk about that.

I have a few that I want to mention:

*1*    BLOG MORE!
I have GOT to start doing this. For the first year of Lexi Belle's life I did so much better at blogging about our every day life, and looking back, I LOVE reading all of those posts. Let's be honest, you forget. You forget so much! With the new baby coming in June, it's going to get crazy and I'm sure I will have even LESS time to blog,  but I want to make it a point to do this. Maybe daily. With that being said, it brings me to my next resolution- pictures.

*2* Take more pictures of my OWN family.
After starting my photography business, I have found myself not hardly taking any pictures of my own family. I'm not documenting events that I really should be documenting and it has started really getting to me. After I take tons of pictures of so many other families, I don't find the want-to to remember my own. Lexi Belle is growing like a weed and I'm not getting any of it documented. Shame. On. Me. So- with that being said, I am not going to be doing as many photo shoots this year, and I'm going to focus on MY kids, MY family!

*3* Slow down on the whole social media thing.
Let's be honest. I am on my phone checking Facebook, Instagram, emails....the list goes on....WAY too much. Why do I feel like I need to keep up with other families' lives more than my own? I have so much right in front of me, and I'm missing it. I want to be more present. After all, time is flying by and I need to soak it all up.

Those are the main things I want to concentrate on. I think if I can do that, it will help me be a better mommy and wife. I stay at home! There is no reason I should be focused on anything other than what goes on right here. Every day. So, here's to 2014. Let's get it.

Whew. Rant over. Now on to Five on Friday!


{1} Gap Super Soft Maternity Leggings-- These are the best leggings ever. I swear I wear them all of the time. Day, night, out, to bed...all of the time. If you are pregnant and haven't tried these, run on over to Gap and getcha some. Bonus: They are 40% off right now. You're welcome.



{2} The Piko Top-- This is probably one of the most popular tops right now and I have to admit, it's pretty great. I think I have it in like 8 or 9 colors and I wear them all of the time. SOOOOO comfy, yet stylish! Pair it with leggings, skinny jeans and a scarf and you are ready to go. You can get them at a bunch of different boutiques, but they sell out fast!


*3* We are already 14 weeks with baby #2!! This pregnancy is going so fast! Well, I say that, but when you find out at 4 weeks that you're pregnant, time seems to not go by fast enough. You want to make it to 12 weeks and get through the yucky part! But, we are there and can't wait to find out what the little one is! We have an ultrasound scheduled next week at our appointment. I'll be 15 weeks and am nervous that they won't be able to tell...but I'll be glad to see the baby and know that everything is going well!

{Piko top and Gap leggings worn in this pic!}

*4* I think we have settled (for now) on baby names! We are set on the boy name but are still contemplating the girls name. We will tell as soon as we find out what the baby is!!!!

*5* Dill Pickles---big dill pickles. Enough said.

Well, that's my first Five on Friday! It's pretty fun! I can't wait to link up next week!

Happy Friday y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment