Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 1...Landing & Exploring Spokane, WA













We left at 4:40 Sunday morning and headed to the airport. Bags packed and ready to go--we were very tired from the few hours we had to sleep the night before. We arrived at the airport and checked our luggage (mine was 17 pounds over so we had to do a mad rearranging before they would take my bag--come on now, 3 weeks! I had to pack a lot!!) We finally got on our plane and headed to Denver. There we had a 45 minute layover which gave us just enough to grab a cup of McDonald's coffee (for you Jeanie) and rest for a split sec. We boarded our second flight and headed to Spokane, Washington. We sat by a kid who had just graduated from college and was a MECHANICAL ENGINEER! How weird right? He was going to visit some friends but had got a job working for GE working on jet engines. Robert had a nice little convo with him.

When we arrive in Spokane we got our luggage and headed to our rental car. We teased because it reminded us of the car on Just Married with Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy. I like the little thing thought! Easy to zip around in. We were hungry so we ventured out to see Spokane. This town was SO NEAT! There is a river that runs through the very middle of the town and there are falls right smack in the middle of it! SO NEAT! We parked and got out and walked across the bridge and the falls were beautiful. There was a hydro power plant from 1922 (?? not sure on the date) and that interested Robert, of course :) More pictures of this to come.

We walked all around and saw all the little shops and restaurants. We decided to grab some lunch at a place called Anthony's Seafood. It was a really neat place that was right at the bottom of the falls so when you looked out the windows it felt like you were right there! So neat! Rk had fish and chips and I had a shrimp cobb salad. Both were very yummy and we really enjoyed it!

After eating we headed out for Moscow. The drive was beautiful but we had never seen land like this! Rolling hills covered in crops and the GREENEST grass that I have ever ever seen. I can't even explain it. The sky was a blue like we don't see in MO. I tried to take some pics of it but they didn't turn out as well since we were in the car. I'll post later. We seemed like we were going to the middle of NOWHERE and when we arrived in Moscow we realized that is right where we were IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. Not going to lie, we were a little discouraged to think that we were going to have to spend 3 weeks here but after a nap we had a more "positive" outlook on the situation. It won't be bad at all.

Rk had a meeting at 5 which lasted 'til 8:30ish so I headed out to explore the town. I found that there is a MALL that pretty much connects to the hotel parking lot. Needlesstosay that was where I went first. There are quite a few neat stores so I roamed around and met 2 sweet girls at Zales Jewelry where I got my wedding ring cleaned. They were super nice and gave me some good info on the town.

I forgot one major thing when I packed....MY STRAIGHTENER! That is crucial when ya have naturally curly hair so off I went to Regis to get a new one. No worries I found one and all is well. I guess I could have done with out but I thought what the heck!

I then went to Walmart to get some necessities like shampoo that we didn't want to bother packing.

I came back to the room and showered and watched the Tribute to Brooks and Dunn and waited for Rk to get back. He got back around 8:30 and was pretty excited about this conference he is attending. He didn't think that it's going to be that bad but he was by far the youngest attendant. LOL! Anyways, enough for now...I'll post pics as soon as my Iphoto unfreezes!

No comments:

Post a Comment