Thursday, September 23, 2010

What we have been up to...

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted but there has been A LOT going on around our place! Let's go back to my birthday...So it started with the surprise party. Thanks again to the hub for that. It was great. Sunday was a birthday lunch at my grandma's...again a great birthday gift...but little did I know that the best was yet to come on my actual birthday.

It was on a Monday so I went to school. On my way to school I picked up a couple of pregnancy tests...since I was about 8 days late I thought it was time. I waited until my planning period and I headed to the teacher's lounge restroom (kinda weird I know, but I HAD to take a test). I flipped it over and wouldn't look at it...and then I did...and I see this....
 I don't know if you can see it that well, but there are 2 lines. PREGNANT! I sat in the bathroom and cried for what I swear felt like 20 minutes. I was SO excited nad SO thankful. We have been wanting this for awhile now and it was more than overwhelming when I saw the 2 lines. ( I took another test a little later and PREGNANT again!)

I tried to get a hold of Robert, but he was in a meeting and had to call me back. He said, "What's up?" and I simply said, "You're going to be a daddy." We are both so excited! We told my fam that night and then his a couple days after. We were going to try to wait and tell them in person, but we couldn't do it. We had to spil our great news.

I have been to the doctor and at this time am about 6 weeks. We have another ultrasound next week and will be very glad to see the baby!

We are very thankful for this little blessing and the next 8 months will be exciting...as for now nauseousness has definitely sat in. It's all so worth it! We can't wait to meet the little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment